Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

What Our Kids Thought

Once Ryan and I felt like it was time to throw out this adoption idea to our 7 and 9 year old kids, we wrestled with how to do it.  We decided the best approach was to tell them it was something we were 'thinking and praying about' and see what they thought.

We couldn't have anticipated their reactions!!!  They were both so excited and embraced the idea of having siblings and in their words, "being able to help someone who needs help".

We told them on a Friday and all weekend answered questions they had and tried to talk to them about all the changes that would take place if we did eventually adopt.

On Sunday, during the service, KJ was busy sitting next next me drawing something and hiding it so I couldn't see it until it was completed.  Once she had finished, she nudged me with a big smile and showed me this simple drawing.




She drew Ethiopia, with a building titled "orphanage" (her spelling is a little off :) ).  From within the building are the quotes, "Please do it, please! They both said".  She told me those are our kids in Ethiopia telling us to adopt them.   We thought it was so sweet that she was imagining what 'our kids' in Ethiopia were thinking!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, this just made me burst into tears. How precious!! I am so excited for your family and will keep you in my heart and prayers. I look forward to reading more about this amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete