Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Icy Escape


Ryan and I escaped this past weekend to my parent's condo in South Haven.  This place is flooded with wonderful summer memories with family and friends over the last several years - boating, fishing, sea-do-ing, grilling, swimming, sun-bathing, kayaking. . .the list goes on.  It's a sunny beach town on the shores of Lake Michigan where the perfect mix of fun and relaxation abound.

So as you can imagine with icy temperatures and Michigan snow, this haven of summer had an entirely different look. . .





Footprints in the sand don't look quite the same. . .
















As we walked and enjoyed the silence of the frosty beaches and the peaceful crashing of waves against the icy shore, I was reminded how thankful I am for seasons.  The shoreline was so beautiful with the massive ice frozen along the lake and the pier's edge, but I look forward to soaking in the sunshine again!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pictures! I especially like the lighthouse. Summer fun times are just around the corner!! :)

    ReplyDelete