Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Speechless

In my previous blog post, I was excited to say that we FINALLY got the Regional Head signature we had been waiting for.  Yay!  Right?

WRONG.

I was told yesterday that although she did sign, she didn't include a statement that the federal government is now requiring, which is in regard to the children not being able to be adopted domestically.  This is so discouraging to us and so difficult to understand how on earth this was left out.  It was our understanding that this statement was 50% of the reason we had gone through this rigmarole to get her signature.  Furthermore, since her office is part of the government, we assumed she would know this needed to be included.

It's extremely frustrating to be delayed AGAIN but it's even more maddening that we felt super close to being able to going to get our kids.  This delays us an unknown amount of time. . . again.

In other we-didn't-think-it-could-be-worse news, we found out two additional gems of info. this past weekend.

A.  We need to update our entire dossier.  It's been over two years since we originally created it and apparently, the government won't accept documents over two years old.  So, we have to get a handful of documents notarized, get clearances from the police department, get additional medical check-ups, visit the county clerk for certified copies of our marriage and birth certificates, etc. etc.  Thankfully, my determination to get things accomplished for these kids is in Super-Fierce-Mama-Bear-Mode so I think I can get it done rather quickly.

B.  The transition home where our kids have been living for the past year is closing at the end of November.  There is not ample money to keep it funded any longer so the children have to be moved to a government orphanage in the area.  This was devastating news to us, knowing that moving to a third orphanage in 1.5 years is less than ideal.  The last thing they need is yet another transition.  But, with literally no money to fund the orphanage, there is no other option.

So, today, I'm speechless.  I don't understand why simple things can't get done and why these sweet kids have had to be in an orphanage for such an unnecessary, extended period of time.  I'm mad that we are stalled again and I'm annoyed that we have no definite end in sight.

Ironically, Sunday night I opened this fortune cookie.  Although I don't believe in fortune cookies, I sure am wishing it were true.  Continuing to pray and ask God for some miracles to come our way.








No comments:

Post a Comment