Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dossier Done

When I heard that we might have to update our dossier, I was SO FRUSTRATED!  I could not believe that as we have been waiting for things to get accomplished in Ethiopia, too much time had passed and our dossier had expired.

Thankfully, the two items from the dossier that take the longest to complete - the home study and fingerprints (for USCIS approval) were previously updated.  Those two items expired at 18 months (I think that was the time frame) so we were required to re-do those months ago.  (Side note: We actually received our referral call WHILE we were being interviewed by a caseworker to update our home study!)

All that to say, this past week I have been printing papers, making phone calls and emailing people to try accomplish it all as quickly as possible.  Thankfully, we were able to get our medical updates, police reports, reference letters and all necessary documents notarized.  In a surprise miracle, the Secretary of State had NO LINE.  Two years ago, I remember waiting with my kids for about an hour.  This time, I barely sat down and they called my number.  I got the required State Seal and drove 30 seconds over to the Post Office right around the corner.  Gratefully, our dossier is off to Washington D.C. to get authenticated!!  We are hoping and praying it gets back to us quickly and can be sent to Ethiopia.

As far as the Regional Head signature goes, we also have encouraging news.  We are waiting to find out this week if we were able to get the corrected document.  We know we shouldn't hold our breath but are trying to stay hopeful that we are close to getting what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment